Monday, September 17, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Lately, I’ve been using my crock pot A LOT.  I hate cooking chicken, and throwing it in the crockpot makes my life SO much easier.

Anyway, I found this super simple recipe (sorry, not sure where, but I know there are a lot out there) for “taco chicken”.  I’ve made it twice because it is so easy and a huge hit with my boys (Alex, little brother, and his friend who lives upstairs).  So here it is (measurements not really important Winking smile)

Crockpot Chicken Tacos:

Ingredients:

  • Frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast – I’ve done it with 1 pound and 2 pounds.  I prefer doing the 2 pounds because it feeds us longer.
  • Jar of your favorite salsa
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning (your choice of mild, medium, hot, etc)
  • Crockpot

Throw all the ingredients in the crockpot (I usually throw my chicken in frozen, but I’m sure you can thaw it out beforehand…just adjust cooking time).  The original recipe I found said a whole jar of salsa, but I just eyeball it and make sure the chicken is covered.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high or 4-6.  (Obviously, just check it to make sure it is cooked through Smile).

Shred with a fork and serve with your favorite taco ingredients! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails