Alex was coming into town and I was determined to try out a new recipe on him while I had him here. I ran across this recipe and between the bacon, pasta, and clams, I knew it was perfect (and fairly reasonably priced, which made my financial analyst boyfriend love it even more ;))
We actually ended up cooking it together (because Alex can’t stay out of the kitchen), but it was really easy and it tasted AMAZING! Alex even went as far as to say that I will have to make it again so far, and maybe even for his parents (both requests are a big deal coming from him).
I served it with a store-bought tomato basil focaccia (sorry, only one new recipe a night ;)), and had planned on adding a salad, but forgot to pick up the salad ingredients. Oh well, just more room for pasta ;)
Recipe from How Sweet It Is (my new favorite cooking blog ;)) I didn’t make any changes to it and wouldn’t change a thing!
Clams Casino Linguine
serves 3-4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans minced clams in clam juice, 13 ounces total
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 pound whole wheat linguine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
Boil a pot of water for pasta and cook according to directions.
While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Add chopped onions and peppers with a pinch of salt and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add in both cans of clams + juice and bring the mixture to a boil. Add white wine and let mixture simmer for about 5 full minutes. Stir in butter.
Turn heat down to low and add cooked linguine. Toss to allow the noodles to soak up the sauce. Add in parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon and parsley.
Serve with additional parmesan and crusty bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment